Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Normally, I'd be delighted......

....to be told that I have lost 10 lbs. Who wouldn't?! Pregnant mammas, thats who. Sigh. This nausea had better go away soon, because if I don't start gaining weight before my next visit, my fabulous Dr. is gonna kick my butt :) She's given me strict orders to eat something every 2 hours, but thats rather difficult. Especially the rule about eating something for breakfast within two hours of waking...I'm at my most nauseated then. I had a single small glass of juice before my appt. today, and of course that came flying back up as we are trying to walk out the door. This sucks. On a better note, my Dr. is FAB FAB FAB! I totally love her. I actually requested to push the date of my next appt back a week so I could have her again! That being said, I'm still not going to be seen for 6 weeks. I swear, the Navy does things so retarded sometimes. But she did tell me if I had ANY problems at all, or continued to lose weight, to call her immediately and come right into the clinic. Fantastic. This is all I wanted all along, someone to listen to me and check me out! So besides throwing up several times as a result of trying to eat a little more (ugh) this has been one happy day! Lets think some calorie-rich thoughts folks...(never thought I'd say that!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynlee said...

I lost 20 with Pax and more than that with the twins and all of them were perfectly fine. Our bodies protect the little parasites and let us suffer. Ain't that nice? lol I'm sure you and that kiddo will be fine. Just keep hydrated as much as possible.

I love my doc - b/c when I got bitched at by the (male) OB about how much weight I had lost with the twins I told her about it and how he made me feel like crap b/c I was eating as much healthy food as possible and didn't think I should start eating a bunch of junk JUST to gain weight. She looked at me like he was stupid and said, "He's obviously never been pregnant." I love her.

I guess what I'm trying to say is as long as you are taking your vitamin (take it just before bed if you tend to throw it up) and eating healthy foods when you do eat, then you'll be fine. And it isn't a crime to need smaller pants just after giving birth. ;)

5:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Try eating, just eating, don't drink anything until after you have let your tummy settle from eating. I know it sounds horrible but that is the only way I kept anything down. And I would eat dry cereal. Sometimes that was ALL I could keep down.

6:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home