Thursday, March 09, 2006

Doctors Appointment....

Anyone wanna go for me? I have this TOTAL freakish aversion to needles, and I have to get buttloads of bloodwork done today. Seriously, if they don't let me lay down while they're doing it, I pass out. Every time. Since I was a kid! I usually barf too, but thats so common place for me now, I don't even think anything of it. On that topic, did you know that cocoa puffs taste exactly the same coming up as they did going down? I take some perverse pleasure in that fact. Updates when I get home...I'm off to cry like a baby and finish straightening my hair!

UPDATE:

That was a TOTAL FREAKIN WASTE OF TIME. Did I get seen by a doc? NO! Did I get to hear a heartbeat? NO! Did I get my blood pressure taken? NO! The only thing was WAS accomplished was my nasty 8 vials of bloodwork. I'm rather proud of myself for only puking before and after, not during! And no passing out :) So- the Portsmouth Naval Hospital sucks monkey balls. I got to sit in a nurses office- no exam room, just her office- and watch her type my information into the computer for a half hour. Thats it. Then she made me an appointment for the clinic thats closer to my house (for the 29th) and told me thats the earliest I can be seen. HELLO! I'm already 15 weeks along, and these freaks and geeks have been stringing me along for almost 2 months now. I JUST WANT TO SEE A FREAKIN DOCTOR!

I'm pissed. I need some lovin.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lynlee said...

It will be okay... I bet you'll get to hear that wee one and that will make it so worth it.

9:26 AM

 
Blogger StarKnits said...

oh i'd be pissed too! that's crazy. i hate needles too. i pass out all the time if i don't lay down or breath, yes i hold my breath. i also tell them they need the baby needles or butterfly needles b/c my veins are hard to find and not easy to give blood. anyways.
i hope the next appt you get the bestest (is that a word) dr in the world!

5:23 PM

 
Blogger Lynlee said...

OMG! I'd be pissed, too! Call around. Find out who is in charge! You need to see a doctor!

4:32 PM

 
Blogger Lynlee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home