Saturday, October 08, 2005

drip....drip....drip....

Wanna see what D and I woke up to this morning?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Doesn't that look like a tornado?!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yep, thats my living room ceiling. Falling apart. The leak starts at the top of the peeling ceiling, and extends all the way down to the window, then starts dripping there too. Sigh. I swear this house is driving me nuts. It's been raining steadily since yesterday (no leaks yesterday) D got home early this morning, noticed a small leak, put a bowl under it, fell asleep. We woke up....and the rest is history. Housing was supposed to send a maintenance person to "check it out" today, but no one ever showed. AND it's supposed to rain steadily for the next 3 days!! We've had to move all the furniture out of the way, and we have a line of buckets set up, because of course, rainwater is pouring through. My biggest concern is the growth of mold due to the constant dampness up there. I wonder how they'll fix this...and I really hope for little or no mold (this may be wishful thinking on my part) because I really don't want the possibility of moving to another unit right now. That would be a giant PITA. Grrr.

3 Comments:

Blogger StarKnits said...

OMG that stinks soooo much i hate when they don't show up!
i hope it gets fixed rather quickly and with out you haveing to move!

10:38 AM

 
Blogger CraftyCritter said...

Holy HELL! Hey that looks like that one horror movie where the faces push out from behind the sheetrock! YIKES! Sponge da place sponge it!

Hope they fix that like ummm fast!

8:07 PM

 
Blogger Lynlee said...

Yikes! Good luck!

6:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home