Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Foster Care

Demetryus and I have been thinking about becoming foster parents for several years, and we've reached a point in our lives now where we are ready to open our home to more children. I was pleased to recive a call-back today from the director of the Norfolk Foster care program, and had a nice long discussion with her. We discussed the programs needs, the classes we will need to take (the next round starts up in January), and a few questions about the children we would take in. She wanted to know the ages we were comfortable with, D and I feel that ages newborn-6 will best fit with our current family, and that we could take up to 2 kids at a time. I was caught slightly off guard when she asked what races we would accept... Of course I told her that it didn't matter to us (gender either, she asked about that as well) and seeing as we were a mixed race couple, we've already dealt with public reaction to our family not being all the same color. It's sad to think that the question even needs to be asked. I passed this phone interview with flying colors, and she said she would be mailing me additional materials in the next few days, and was looking forward to working with us in the future. I'm totally thrilled, and can't wait to share this with D when he gets home.

Other than that, not much excitement today. I did finish my latest HP book (#5) about 20 minutes ago, and all I can say is...WHY?? I kept turning the last few pages, hoping to read that Sirius hadn't died after all..but to no avail! It's gonna drive me nuts to wait until next payday to get the next book...nobody spoil it for me!! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynlee said...

All I have to say is: You think book 5 was sad... Just wait.

3:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home